Sunday, September 27, 2009

Volunteer's Sunday

Can you believe that I’m writing this in a church from the 13th century! I'm sitting in the "office" of this little church and receiving visitors who come to see a culture-historical exhibition. Today is a quiet day, others are filled with guests. Most of the people I meet here are surprised to meet a Finn in the middle of the Frisian countryside in a tiny village. It has been a good onset for countless interesting conversations.

I love churches, the peaceful atmosphere and beauty in them. My mind really rests in places like this. (Although, just a while ago when there were no people around, I sneaked to the church hall and secretly sang from the bottom of my heart. Great acoustics, could hear my voice echoing echoing echoing…)

No comments:

Post a Comment